One of my least favourite chores apart from cleaning the bathroom has to be the ironing! I despise it and will often leave it for weeks or until I need the item of clothing to wear, which is rather naughty and lazy of me. However, now that Amelia is in school full time and I seem to be washing clothes daily I do iron her uniform and have started to iron the rest of our clothes too.
Which is why when Bosch got in touch and asked if we'd like to put their new Serie 6 VarioComfort Steam Generator Iron to the test I jumped at the chance. Anything to make ironing that little bit easier and more enjoyable! The new steam generator iron from Bosch makes light work of creases and germs so I was eager to try it out and put it to the test!
Initial thoughts on the Iron
When the iron was delivered I was shocked at how big the box was, especially seeing as I've always had a small iron. However, as soon as I unboxed the iron I was impressed but its appearance. It was lightweight to hold and aesthetically appealing. It was really simple to get set up, and by following the step by step instructions on the box I had it filled up and ready to go in minutes.
My favourite features of the VarioComfort steam generator:
- The steam generator makes ironing super fast, in fact I have halved my ironing since using it.
- The steam generator is easy to fill, simply by pulling out the lip and pouring the water in. It holds a lot of water (1.5 litres) which means you don't need to keep filling it up reguarly which I found really inconvenient with my previous iron. This also means I'll have more free time to do other housework.
- There are a number of different ironing programmes, 6 in fact to suit your needs whether you're ironing lingerie, linen, cotton or shirts. No matter what you're ironing, you'll get perfect results every time.
- The i-temp setting is my favourite to use as it offers an optimum temperature that suits all fabric meaning I don't have to keep changing the temperature depending on what I'm ironing. It simply recognises the fabric that I'm ironing and changes to suit that. This is great if you're not clued up on ironing different fabrics like myself!
- The iron has a secure lock system making it easy to use and safe to store and carry your iron. This is also handy if you need to answer the phone or attend to the kids you know it won't get knocked over.
- The ProHygienic setting removes 99.99% of bacteria on items of clothing and linen which is extremely useful if you have a house full of illnesses or have very young children.
- It's light to hold the iron as it doesn't have any water in it as it's in the base of the steam generator rather than the iron which means you can iron for longer before your hand or wrist starts to hurt.
I thought I'd show you just how easy it is to use the iron and the difference using a steam generator makes so below are some items of clothing I used to put the steam generator to the test! The iron takes 2 minutes to heat up and then I was ready to go...
I hate ironing shirts and almost always end up still having creases in them, however with just one glide of the iron with the VarioComfort steam generator the shirt was completely crease free! The iron is also smooth-gliding and has a scratch resistant soleplate which is great as my previous iron was getting a bit worse for wear!
Here we have a pair of shorts which I used on the i-Temp setting again meaning it would recognise the type of fabric and adjust accordingly. I started ironing them after switching from the shirt and it automatically changed the amount the steam which was released. Again, it was completely effortless to iron only needed to iron on the one side and the steam went through to the other side.
Next up we have some jeans, again without changing the settings as soon as I glided the iron across the steam generator adjusted and knew that I was ironing jeans so released less steam. I also love the fact that I only need to iron one side reducing my ironing time.
Switching back to cotton fabric and the iron knew straight away the type of fabric it was ironing, I was fully expecting it to burn the top after going from ironing jeans to cotton however it was fine and didn't stick at all.
Lastly is one of Amelia's P.E shirts, I usually have to iron this a couple of time on each side to get the creases out but with just one glide of the iron it was completely crease free!
The Bosch VarioComfort Steam Generator Iron is super easy and simple to use. It just glides over even the most creased fabric and makes light work of the ironing pile. I ironed everything on the i-Temp setting so I wouldn't have to keep adjusting the settings, however I have ironed a few different items of clothing and linen and it's great to have so many different programmes to use. I also love the Eco button as it means I can save money on my water and electricity bills, bonus!
The Bosch VarioComfort Steam Generator Iron is a little pricier than your standard iron at £299.99 but it's defintiely an investment especially if it's going to cut your ironing time in half! You also get a free ironing board worth £69.99 when you buy your Bosch VarioComfort Steam Generator Iron from Curry's. So to sum it up, if you love or hate ironing you'll love this iron as you'll cut your ironing time in half and I'd highly recommend it to anyone!
Fancy getting your hands on a Bosch VarioComfort Steam Generator of your own, I have teamed up with Bosch who are offering one of my lucky readers the chance to win one! All you need to do is enter via the Rafflecopter below. Good luck!