Whilst pregnant with Amelia around four years ago I remember spending hours upon hours browsing the web searching for the perfect pushchair and settled on a travel system which we loved at the time. There were so many to choose from, and with even more choice today making it a rather daunting and emotional task for new parents trying to find their pushchair of choice. I hadn't heard of Bugaboo back then when Amelia was born however over the past few years it seems to be the one pushchair brand which I see everywhere! So when the opportunity came to try out a Bugaboo of choice we couldn't wait to try out the Buffalo.
Today I thought I'd share my initial thoughts of the Bugaboo Buffalo and then in a couple of months I will let you know how we've been getting on with it as Harry grows and will share our thoughts and experience once we've put it through its paces!
The Bugaboo Buffalo is an all-terrain pushchair which is great for country living and for parents who love to get outdoors and explore. We live in the country side here in North Wales and love nothing more than spending our weekends exploring and discovering new places here as well as some of our favourite walks across the country.
Unboxing the Buffalo was rather interesting yet relatively easy - I'm not used to actually reading the instructions but once I did it was really simple to put together! Once put together I couldn't wait to try it out in the living room and noticed straight away how much bigger it was than the pushchairs we were currently using. I haven't used a travel system since Amelia was a toddler so it took a while to get used to the bulkiness off it compared to a normal pushchair but once I got used to it I noticed how easy it was to manoeuvre.
I opted for the canopy and apron in the colour black with an aluminium frame which if you know me, I love my monochrome so this suits us perfectly and is gorgeous! I've had so many compliments on the Buffalo when out and about.
When it came to searching for a pushchair when I was pregnant with Harry, I had a rough idea of what I wanted to purchase. Here were our requirements:
- Something which was versatile so we could use it in the country, on the school run and in the city.
- Needed to have the option of forward and parent facing so we could see him when he was younger and then explore when he grows older
- As we never had a carry cot with Amelia I wanted something which came with a carry cot for the first few months - the carry cot easily converts into a seat on the Buffalo
- A pushchair with an adjustable handle bar to suit us both as Andy is 6ft 5.5 and I'm 5ft 5 so quite a difference!
- Must have a good size shopping basket - as it always comes in handy for shopping, coats or extra bags when on days out
- Needed to be quite compact so we could fit it in the boot and then out of the way when in the house- the Buffalo does fold down fairly compact and you can also remove the wheels if needed
- Something with a good suspension to take on the rural country roads
- It must be car seat compatible as I tend to drive to the supermarket and its very handy for nipping into the shops to get a few bits if baby is asleep to spare waking them up
- I wanted something stylish and modern and the Buffalo definitely ticks all of the boxes
We have been using the Buffalo since the New Year and have really enjoyed using it. Harry always looks comfortable in it when awake or asleep and it's really easy to steer, with it's big wheels both in the town and country side. If you love to discover the great outdoors and are into country living, going on family walks and getting outdoors then the Bugaboo Buffalo is for you!
I look forward to sharing our thoughts with you in a few months after putting the Buffalo through it's paces.
The Bugaboo Buffalo is available to purchase here from £905
Disclaimer - I am a member of the Mumsnet Bloggers Network Research Panel, a group of parent bloggers who have volunteered to review products, services, events and brands for Mumsnet. I have not paid for the product or to attend an event. I have editorial control and retain full editorial integrity. I received the Bugaboo Buffalo for the purpose of this review.You might also like: