Another month has gone by and Harrison is nine months old today. Where has this year gone? I am fully aware that I say this each month but it's so true...it just flies by! In just three short months he will be turning one, it's just crazy and I can't get my head around it as it still feels like only yesterday he was born. I feel like this past month we have seen so many changes in him and his personality has changed yet again.
Harry will still wake every now and again around 11pm for a bottle but will go straight back to sleep until 7/8am, some nights he doesn't wake at all which I am so thankful for even if I don't go to sleep until 2am. I did try and bring him into bed with me one night when he thought it was playtime but he was having none of it and is such a wriggler I couldn't possibly sleep with him in bed with me. Luckily he will self soothe and will play with his toys in the cot and just go back to sleep when he's ready.
This month Harry has constantly been on the go and won't sit still for more than a couple of seconds, I'm lucky that I even managed to snap these photos as he wasn't having any of it! I've started putting him in the travel cot for short periods during the day and using it as a play pen as he will be climbing up on the TV stand, coffee table, chair, sofa, anything in sight he'll be up onto it. Even when he's in that he's standing up and wanting to try and get out.
He's eating more varied foods this month now that he's discovered different textures and flavours. He's never been a fussy baby which is good so I can give him pretty much anything and he won't turn his nose up at it. In fact he even ate half of my bag of prawn crackers one evening when I turned my back for a few seconds!! I have no idea how much he weighs, but I reckons he's definitely at the weight that he should be as he sure does feel heavy! Although he's not chubby he's definitely bigger than his sister was at this age. That remind me I must get him weighed soon!
MILESTONES & DEVELOPMENT
- Now has 6 teeth and another two seem to be cutting through
- Will stand for a few seconds unaided
- Is now in size 9-12 months on top and 6-9 on bottom
- Finally found his voice and won't stop "talking"
- Can climb the stairs
- Will clap his hands and wave bye
- Can stand up in his cot
- Isn't so keen on his Jumperoo anymore now that he's wanting to climb everything
- Still prefers to sleep on his front
- Will eat pretty much anything you give him
- Still loves sticking his tongue out
- Not as keen on being in the baby carrier anymore
WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO THIS MONTH
- Harry went on his first holiday
- Tried beef for the first time this past week
- I've started playgroup with Harry on a Monday whilst Amelia is at school
- Had his 7-9 month injections
There's not really much else to update on this month really so I guess we'll leave it at that. Here are a few photos of Harry that I've taken this month. I've noticed that I don't really share that many photos of the kids on the blog anymore but I'll try to share more however you can follow us on Instagram as I post a ton there!
You might also like: