Today an independent survey of 2,000 UK families, commissioned by toy company Little Tikes, reveals that parents are fed up with the lack of quality time spent together, with the average mum and dad experiencing seven pangs of guilt a week! Being too busy or tired to give kids their full attention and working long hours have been named amongst the top guilt triggers. Little Tikes have teamed up with Olympic Gold Medallist Greg Rutherford to encourage families to ditch the guilt and enjoy the great outdoors this summer with their ‘Little Trikers’ campaign.
The Little Tikes survey reveals that UK parents are regularly left feeling guilty that they don’t go on more family days out, rely on the television to occupy kids while they get the chores done and don’t have more patience when dealing with their families. I am often guilty of this especially this summer seeing as the weather hasn't been too great.
On a mission to get everyone out and about, having fun and discovering new places Little Tikes and Greg have some advice!
Greg says: “We need to inspire future generations to feel fit, happy and enjoying quality time together. Going outside for a walk is the perfect way to unwind, get some exercise and wake up the senses! Plus it’s fantastic for your child’s development to, with so many things to see and do along the way. Make the most of the time you have together, put down the phones and tablets and cherish these precious moments in the great outdoors!” He goes on to say; “The Little Tikes 4-in-1 Trike is a brilliant alternative to a stroller – helping to make your little ones really feel part of the adventure!”
Greg’s Top 5 Tips for making the most of the great outdoors this summer:
1. Go as a family – You can walk and talk at the same time and enjoy exercising and spending time together. This is a great idea for meeting up with other family members as well as friends.
2. Watch your steps – It’s recommended you walk 10,000 steps every day. Use an app or a pedometer to measure how many steps you do. Going out with your child in a Trike, you will probably find you are surprised by just how many steps you’ve taken!
3. Look up – It may sound obvious but it’s important to take stock of your surroundings, feel inspired the nature all around you.
4. Walk tall – Walking is a great gentle exercise and if you walk tall and pull your tummy you can help improve your posture too.
5. Change it up – Don’t do the same route all the time, you will lose motivation and give up. Go to the park, walk around the block or in town. Check out walks from other parents on the Little Tikes’ interactive map and on Twitter and Instagram with #toptriketrails.
Some fab tips here from Greg which I will definitely be taking on board. With only 3 weeks of summer left and the sun finally making an appearance I'll be getting out more with the kids and enjoying the fresh air.
Little Tikes say: The sporty and cool styling of Little Tikes’ 4-in-1 Sports Edition Trike is suitable from age 9+ months and is perfectly suited to any budding sports stars. Great for babies and beginner riders, these funky pink, blue and red trikes are designed to grow as a child’s skills develop. The 4-in1 use allows it to grow with a child through four separate learning stages; Guided (9+ months) – where parents can push and control. Infant foot rest is down and safety harness in place, so child is unable to turn the wheel and enjoy the feeling of being on the move; Learning (12+ months) where the infant foot rest is up and the safety harness is in place. The child is unable to turn the wheel, but can learn to pedal, strengthening legs and learning about speed control; Developing (18+months) where it is both child and parent powered.
The waist bar is removed so the child can pedal and turn the wheel, whilst parent also has steering control – to help avoid any veering of course as little one learns.; and finally Independent (30+ months) where the child full control as the guided handle is removed – allowing them the chance to travel and discover at their will. Key features include a detachable, easy grip handle for parent control, 5-point seat belt harness and safety bar, padded, soft seating, removable shade canopy, durable quiet-ride tyres, convenient beverage holder, packing bag for additional trike storage.
Today we have teamed up with Little Tikes who are very kindly giving you the chance to win a 4-in-1 Sports Edition Trike for your little one so they can enjoy some #toptriketails. All you need to do is enter via the rafflecopter below.
That's not all...Little Tikes want everyone to share the adventure and are giving away 50 4-in-1 Sports Edition Trikes. All you have to do is say what type of Triker your little one will be at www.littletikes.co.uk/littletrikers.
To find out more from Greg, checkout the interactive map of #toptrikertrails and to be in with a chance to win a Trike click here!
- The winner will have a choice of colour from Blue, Red or Lilac
- This giveaway is open to UK residents only
- Closes on August 27th 2015 at 11.59pm
You might also like: