Congratulations on your baby! It is a real miracle happening in your body and soon you will have a new, cute little member of a family. But wait, that doesn’t mean that you can forget about yourself and your style! It is actually a new opportunity to purchase some sweet and comfortable maternity clothing that can be worn for as long as you want. But in order to keep you in style and avoid impulse shopping, here are the most common Do’s and Don'ts of pregnancy shopping.
Firstly, let’s start with things that you should do while being pregnant. These tips are very easy to follow and they won’t harm anyone: neither your style nor your wallet.
- Embrace your baby bump. It is definitely the right time to showcase your amazing and cute baby bump to the world. Personally, I don’t know a time of woman’s life then she is more beautiful than being pregnant. So definitely look for clothing that are embracing and showing your belly. In the best possible way.
- Try horizontal prints. If you were afraid to use horizontal stripe print while not being pregnant, that is no need to be worried about that during your pregnancy. Believe me. You can definitely pull this type of print right now because it will actually hide your belly underneath. So as it wasn’t working for you days before, now horizontal lines are acceptable and welcome.
- Accept second-hand clothing from friends or family. You can definitely not only save some money but also get a nice sentimental gift from your friends. Only if you accept clothing they were wearing while being pregnant. And because they are gifting it to you, be sure that is used and recommended. So your belly will be in a right place and showed perfectly.
Finally, a couple of most common don’ts for every pregnant fashionista.
- Sacrifice fashion. Being pregnant doesn’t mean that you have to look sloppy and out of style. It is the time of your life then you need to look your very best and shine from inside. And proper clothing works in a way that can get you fell like it. There are many worldly know fashion brands that offer huge selections of special maternity clothing lines. For instance, even Bloomingdale's offers some nice clothing for future-moms-to-be. And the best part is that right now, along with some Bloomingdale's online coupons found here, you can shop for special designer made maternity clothing at a much cheaper price. So hurry up and don’t ever sacrifice fashion!
- Rush into buying maternity clothes too early in your pregnancy. This is one of the most common mistakes. Some ladies are so excited of being pregnant, that they shop for clothing much further in the future. The thing is, that you can‘t really guess how much bigger you are going to be a month or two, or more in a future. So you shouldn’t buy clothing and try to plan your body size or shape. Better shop for those items what you need and make sure that it fits you well.
- Wear clothing which is too big. As mentioned before, don’t try to predict how much bigger you are going to be. But don’t try to relax too much and dress in way too big clothing too. Acting like that only going to make you look bigger and sloppier. And you are definitely going to lose some pregnancy spark as well. So look for the right size maternity clothing and don’t ever try to wear baggy clothing while being pregnant! Or ever!
Did you buy maternity clothing whilst pregnant or get by with purchasing clothing in the next size up?
* For details on how I work with brands take a look at my work with me page.
You might also like: