As much as I wouldn't change motherhood for the world and love my two babies with all my heart there are times where I get frustrated, times when I want to lock myself in a room and scream and also times where I can't wait for daddy to get home from work to take over. As nice as it is to receive a box of chocolates or of bunch of flowers from your little ones for me it's not about the gifts, I just enjoy their presence. However here are a few things I'd like this Mother's Day...
1. A lie in
2. To go to the bathroom alone
3. Be able to eat my dinner before it goes cold
4. Be able to eat with both hands
5. Not to have to do the dishes
6. Have a hot shower for longer than 2 minutes and actually be able to wash out the shampoo and conditioner before the baby screams the house down
7. Have 10 minutes to actually do something with my hair other than put it in a mums top knot.
8. Have a relaxing bath
9. Not to have to run up and down the stairs 100 times a day just for your toddler not to go to the loo even though they insist they are desperate to go
10. Have my side of the bed to myself
11. A full nights sleep without being woken up
12. To have clean clothes with no snot, baby sick, milk... you get the picture
13. A clean living room...for longer than 5 minutes
14. Just 5 minutes of peace and quiet
15. To be able to eat a whole packet of crisps before little hands snatch them off me
16. To have my iPhone back please!
17. To be able to sit on the sofa with out a toddlers hand down my top
18. A day to myself to do what I please
19. Not to have to repeatedly tidy toys away all day long
20. Not to have to listen to Mickey Mouse clubhouse or Peppa Pig all day long and watch adult TV
Can you relate? What would you love this Mother's Day?
You might also like: