With Valentine's Day just around the corner I have recently been searching for things to do with Amelia that we can do together whilst Harrison sleeps during the day. Whilst browsing the shops last week I decided to pick up a few bits and bobs to stock up on her arts and crafts supplies and dipped into one of our joint accounts which we are meant to be using to save for a holiday later this year.
As Valentine's Day falls on a Saturday this year I'm sure many of you will also be looking for activities to keep your little ones busy especially as they won't be in nursery or school. You could even make some of these to take in for your child's class as gifts or give to grandparents and siblings.
Here are some of my favourite crafts and recipes to do with toddlers and pre-schoolers that I know your little ones will enjoy!
1. These Heart Shaped Stamps are a nice and simple craft to do with your child no matter their age. Plus a great way to make use of those empty toilet rolls lurking around the bathroom!
3. Chocolate Dipped Wafer Cookies These little wafer cookies are both delicious and easy to make. Perfect for a Valentine's Day activity with kids
4. Cupid's Brew
5. Thinking of making your little one a Valentines's themed lunch? Check out these ideas for heart shaped foods! Perfect for bento or kids lunch boxes.
8. What about a fun paper craft with these Heart Animals? These are super cute and your little one is sure to have fun making them!
10. Yoghurt Covered Strawberries are an ideal snack idea for Valentines day. Perfect for kids of all ages.
12. How about making some Valentines Scented Play Dough? Homemade playdough is easy and fun to make and is a great sensory experience for your child.
13. Salt Dough Footprint Heart There are many crafts that you can use your childs feet to create, however this one caught my eye and would make a lovely keepsake for daddy or nana.
14. Why not make these Valentine’s Day White Chocolate Bark Bites you could even package them up to give as a gift to friends.
16. Ever wonder what to do with all of those broken crayons? How about turning them into Melted Crayon Hearts with this simple diy.
18. Looking for a easy craft for Valentine's Day? What about these Marshmallow Pops which can be handed out instead of Valentine's cards. Much easier to make than cake pops and don't take as long!
20. How cute are these Toilet Roll Love Bugs? Easy to make and a great way to recycle empty toilet rolls.
22. This DIY Heart Mug would make a lovely keepsake gift for a family member from your little one. Let them scribble away then peel off the plastic and you have a heart shaped mug.
23. Felt Head Bands
24. These Valentines Sensory Jars are an engaging activity for the children. Let them go around the house collecting things to go in the jars and sit back and watch them shake away!
25. and last but not least how cute is this "Bee Mine" craft for your kids to make this Valentines? It could be a Valentine card, gift or just a fun craft.
Do you have any activities planned with your children this Valentine's day?
*In collaboration with TSB
You might also like: