When I was pregnant with Amelia we had decided on her name pretty quickly after our gender scan as it was a firm favourite for both of us being at the top of our lists. Fast forward a couple of years and with less than a month to go we still have absolutely no idea what to name this little man.
It's not that we don't have any names picked out, we just can't seem to agree on anything! I have 4 names which I really really like and Andy doesn't like any of them. Andy has two names (not mentioned above) which he likes and won't budge on them but they are ridiculous names as he's only suggested them because they are of two famous people he knows. Then there are two names which we've both suggested that we're not particularly overlay keen on but if we can't agree on anything then it's most likely going to end up be one of those which I'm not that happy about as it will be a name we don't really like.
Choosing a name for a baby can be a difficult task, especially if you and your partner can't agree. There are many things which I tend to consider when choosing a name, will it go with his surname, does it go with Amelia, is it a name that can be for a baby, older child and adult? I don't mind if it's popular or not, as long as we like it that's fine with me. When we chose Amelia's name back in 2011 it wasn't that popular, however its now one of the most popular names in the top 100 name charts.
I know a lot of people say to wait until the baby is born to decide on a name to see what they look and the right name will just come into your head but we had already decided on Amelia's name before we had seen her and she is definitely an 'Amelia'.
Here's what we are currently working with:
* I've always loved Noah and Finley and more recently become fond of Harrison & Olly/Ollie
* Andy doesn't like any of them and suggested Noel & Lennon (after two of his favourite singers) which I hoped he was joking about! Unfortunately he's being deadly serious and hasn't suggested any other names!
* There's no names in either side of our families that we could use or particularly like
* The only other names we both came up with were Harry and Jack but neither of them stand out for us and they would be a last resort if it came to it. I did suggest that Harrison could also be shortened to Harry and Andy did begin to come round to that
* I prefer Jack as a middle name
* I'm not a fan of weird/unique or old traditional names and prefer something a bit more modern
* Andy doesn't like the name of anyone he's worked with, went to school with, if he knows a naughty child with that name so that rules out a lot of the names I suggested!
So as you can see at this rate he will still be nameless when he is born! I'm hoping that once I've given birth and the midwife asks for a name I can get in there first and Andy will just agree with me. I can always dream can't I?
What are your favourite names for boys these days? Have you always had names picked out or did it take you ages to choose? I'd love to hear!
You might also like: