Amelia has now been on a number of holidays since she was born, some abroad and a couple in the UK. We usually go abroad in November when it is the quietest at work however this year due to the fact that I am pregnant I am unable to fly this far on in the pregnancy so we decided not to go anywhere this winter. I could really do with a holiday and some winter sun however we can't really afford it right now especially with Christmas and another baby on the way so I've recently been looking at holidays here in the UK and cheaper holidays abroad for next year.
1. Scotland - I've been to Scotland many a time as a kid seeing as my grandparents live there we used to visit regularly. I haven't really explored much of Edinburgh and would love to visit with Andy and Amelia some day. We had planned to go this month seeing as we're not going abroad anymore however we had to change our plans. There are so many beautiful places to visit in Scotland if you're looking for some ideas on where to visit check out this article by Park Resorts about a Scottish Getaway.
2. Ireland - Ireland is another country on our places to visit in the UK as a family. A winter break would be nice especially somewhere like Galway. However we would also like to visit Dublin and as we could get a Ferry over from Holyhead it would be an affordable holiday and not too far to travel either. We may go before summer next year whilst baby boy is still a baby and easier to manage with a toddler too.
3. Greece - I've always wanted to go abroad to Greece, and even very nearly ended up going to work there for a month a few summers ago but ended up going to Tenerife instead. It's such a beautiful island especially Santorini. For a holiday closer to home with less travel time with young children Greece would be the perfect location and hiring a villa or going all inclusive would probably be the best options.
4. Florida - I went to Disneyworld in Florida with my family when I was a teenager and would love to go again maybe when the kids are older to enjoy it better. I had such an amazing time and I know we all would as a family some day. There's much more to do than just visiting Disneyworld and it would be great to explore the state more.
5. Barbados - I have been to the Dominican Republic in the Caribbean many times now and most recently last year with both Andy and Amelia. It was such a fantastic holiday we would love to return! In fact we would have probably gone there this year if we were to go away. It would be nice to visit one of the other islands instead of the Dominican so we have our hearts set on Barbados. Maybe when the new arrival is Amelia's age now we can take both of them as I don't really fancy travelling that with a baby and a toddler as it was hard enough with just Amelia!
Where would you like to go on holiday next?