You may have already seen my plans for the nursery here which include the cot and some other items of furniture which we are planning on buying soon. We already have a travel system with car seat so that's the most expensive item that we don't need to purchase this time round. I'll be using our Quinny Buzz which we bought when pregnant with Amelia and we also have a couple of Cosatto travel systems to use too.
Again, you will probably see I'm not a fan of bright colours or silly patterns and themes and wish to keep the products neutral in the theme of our house. I've mainly chosen products which are cream, beige or white rather than blue's. These are all items which I am hoping to purchase and would like to try out.
1. Snuzpod co-sleeper - I have been looking at co-sleepers for a while now. We co-slept with Amelia in our bed religiously for the 18 months of her life before she went into a toddler bed. This time round I don't want to get in the habit so will be looking at getting a co-sleeper to attach to the side of the bed. The Snuzpod is the one which appeals to me the most, I love how it will fit in with our decor and it's pretty small and modern.
2. Ergobaby carrier - We had one of these when Amelia was younger but when she was too heavy for me to carry we sold it on as I didn't think we would be using one again anytime soon. I really loved it and will definitely be looking at buying one again. We also have a baby bjorn which will be great for around the house but the Ergo will be good for when we're out and about and longer trips.
3. Aden + Anais Serenity Star - I really like the look of this and it will go well in the nursery. It has a sound machine, night light, temperature indicator and clock all in one which is great and will save having different items dotted around the room. I like how modern it looks and the chic design.
4. Stokke Tripp Trapp & Newborn Set - I have always loved the Tripp Trapp but didn't find out about it until Amelia was nearly one so didn't really see the point of purchasing it then as she didn't like to sit in highchairs anymore. I will definitely be buying one of these for baby boy and I'll most probably get the newborn set too so he can sit at the table with us for dinner time. I love how modern they are compared to many other highchairs and the fact that it can be used from an early age and last right through to adult hood is amazing!
5. Graco Snuggle Swing - We had the Hug Graco Swing for Amelia and loved it! It was literally our best friend and the only thing she would sleep in! However she kept using it when she was too big and it broke, it was also pretty big and took up a lot of room so I have been looking at smaller swings. This isn't that much smaller but it isn't as wide and will fit in with our living room decor.
6. Shnuggle bath - This is a brand that I've recently come across and I've really become fond of their baths. I like the fact that they have a little seat built in and that it's made from baby safe foam. I love the pastel colours available too!
7. Boppy Pillow - I have always wanted one of these when Amelia was a baby but could never find one in the UK. Also I'm not keen on the patterns available so I've bought a custom cover made on Etsy.
8. Bloom Coco Baby Lounger - I also really like the Nuna Leaf but it only sways for 2 minutes at a time before you have to touch it again to move again. Having looked at baby bouncers/rockers I can't really find any that I like. They all seem to be full of patterns and aren't modern looking. I came across this Bloom Coco baby lounger which would look amazing in our home but the price is quiet expensive just for a bouncer! I'm still keeping an eye out for a white/cream bouncer so if I find a cheaper one then I'll go for that1
9. Motorola Video Monitor - We had the Tommee Tippee sensor monitor for Amelia which we only used a handful of times during nap times when she was younger and didn't actually use it at night time until she was around 14 months as she co-slept with us. I really want to buy a video monitor as as one of the handsets is broken on the Tommee Tippee monitor I thought this Motorola monitor looked great!
10. Pabobo Musical Star Projector - If we decide not to buy the Serenity Star, I would still like to buy a musical projector. We didn't have one for Amelia and she was a terrible sleeper hence why she ended up in bed with us. I would really like to get baby boy to sleep in his own room from an early age and think this will really help.
I'm also debating whether or not to buy the Medala electric breast pump as we will hopefully breastfeeding again however I would like to get baby to drink from a bottle as Amelia wouldn't. I've also bought this gorgeous play mat which I love!
Is there anything not on this list that you would recommend buying?