I've been wanting to get back into cooking for some time now and have been thinking of buying a slow cooker. I remembered my mum actually gave us a croc-pot when we moved house which was in the cupboard so I decided to give it a whirl this weekend. I have been browsing over recipes on Pinterest for some time now and you can see what I have been pinning on my slow cooker board here. I was pretty surprised it actually worked out well and I can't wait to cook more meals in the slow cooker.
Ingredients - (Serves 3-4)
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and Pepper
1 cup honey
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup onion, diced
¼ cup ketchup
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp red pepper or chilli flakes
4 tsp cornflour
6 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper then place in the slow cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, red pepper flakes, and garlic; mix well.
- Pour over chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks and put to one side.
- Dissolve cornflour in water, slowly add to juices in slow cooker, replace lid and turn up to high, and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add chicken back to sauce and stir.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
What do you think? Not too bad for my first slow cooker meal. What's your favourite dish to cook in the slow cooker?
You might also like: