With Easter only a few weeks away and trying so hard not to eat any of the easter eggs hidden in the cupboard I have been making some Easter treats. Today I am sharing with you a quick and easy recipe for spring mix which can be used for bunny bait for the kids. Oh my goodness let me just tell you this stuff is soooooo addictive! Don't say I didn't warn you! I have been scoffing my face with it all day long it's that good! This mix is perfect for all occasions as you can switch it up for different holidays, I can already see a Birthday, Christmas, Halloween and Valentine's mix!
What you'll need:
2 bags of Mini Eggs (you can also use m&m's but I couldn't find any with pastel colours)
1 bag of pretzels
1 bag of sweet popcorn
1 bag of candy melts (or white chocolate)
cellophane bags & ribbon or container/jar
How to make your bunny bait:
1. Pour your popcorn into a large bowl, you can make the popcorn yourself but I'm lazy so bought a bag at Tesco. Next add in the pretzels and mini eggs and give it all a quick stir to mix them around.
2. In a bowl add your candy melts and put in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir, keep doing this until the chocolate has melted and smooth.
3. Now drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn, you could also use a rubber spatula or just a fork to toss it gently to get a better mixing. Give the mix a stir and add some more chocolate. Be careful not to over stir otherwise you'll end up with a big mess.
4. Sprinkle the mixture with sprinkles. I didn't need to do this as I bought these candy melts here which already had the sprinkles, so it may be a good idea to do that too.
5. Allow the mixture to cool down and harden and then fill cellophane bags and tie with pretty ribbon for bunny bait of store in a container or jar for snacking.
This stuff is so addictive I've already finished the batch I made and preparing to make my next later this afternoon! You can put it in the kids lunch boxes, share with your neighbours, give to your family for treats the options are endless! This recipe made enough for around 6 large cellophane bags however if you were wanting to make a bigger batch double up the quantities especially if you have lots of mouths to feed as this stuff won't last long - at least it didn't in our house!
Will you be making some bunny bait this Easter?