With the weather not getting any warmer just yet it's safe to say it's rather cold when it comes to bedtime! There's nothing worse than climbing into a freezing cold bed, unless it's summer of course! I have always wanted an electric blanket, I get cold really easily so I'm always wearing thick jumpers and slipper boots at home. We just never got round to buying one as other priorities came first when we moved home. We have been lucky enough to test out Dreamland's Luxury Cotton Sleepwell Mattress Cover for the past month and here's what we thought!
Dreamland is the UK’s most-loved luxury heated bedding specialist and has been warming up Britain’s beds for more than 50 years.Sold in John Lewis and Lakeland, Dreamland's extensive product range includes the best heated duvets, mattress protectors and covers available, just to name a few.
We were sent a King dual Sleepwell Matress Cover which retails at £89.99. I love the fact that it comes with a dual control allowing both persons to control from either side of the bed especially as Andy prefers the bed to be hotter than me. Andy was rather excited when this arrived as was I and we both couldn't wait to set it up and jump into bed!
- 5 minutes to heat up – The fastest heat up
- The cheapest to run - from as little as a 1p per night to run
- Sleep Guardian – Total safety system. With exclusive sleep guardian technology that takes care of you as you sleep, for total peace of mind, the complete overheat protection system.
- Deep Quilted - Adds a luxurious extra cushion soft layer to your mattress, providing extra comfort and a cosier feel to your bed.
- Intelliheat Control – easy to use, switch on, set to temperature 6 for Ready for bed in 5 minutes fast heat up, then before you snuggle down to blissful slumber, select 1 – 5 for your preferred temperature.
- Auto shut off - It even has a timer of 1 hour or 9, so you can just set it and forget it.
- Dual controls available – Gives you individual controls to heat up each side of the bed independently from each other, keeping you both happy and warm all night long, whatever your preferred temperature.
- Fabric composition – outer mattress cover made from 100% breathable cotton
- Machine washable and tumble dryer safe, just detach the control before you put it in the wash.
- Ultra thin wires for extra comfort
The cover is made of 100% pure breathable deep quilted cotton, allowing for ultimate comfort all night. I found that it adds that extra bit of comfiness underneath your bed sheet. The mattress cover is really easy to fit with an elasticated skirt around the edge to hug the corners and entire mattress for full protection. The only thing I have noticed is because our mattress is really thick at 12" it does have a tendency to slip over every few nights but this is most probably because Andy moves a lot during the night.
As the cover comes with intelliheat technology you can set the control and forget it which is great for those who drift off to sleep quickly. Andy is really bad for this and will leave it on when he goes to bed so at least I know it will go off eventually when the timer is up. I on the other hand prefer to turn it off as I get paranoid with electrical's being left, especially if Amelia ends up in bed with us.
I usually turn the control on once I get into bed and it warms up instantly to your body responsive temperature which it then maintains precisely. You can also set an automatic timer of 1 or 9 hours, but like I said I always end up turning if off just before I go to sleep as it stays warm long enough until I have fallen asleep.
The controllers are really simple to use with two buttons on the front, one for the timer and other is the temperature which both show up on the dial. The on/off switch is on the reverse of the control. I love the fact that you can save money on your heating bills if you're one for leaving yours on until you go to bed. I can now turn my heating off much earlier and when I get into bed it will be nice and warm until I fall asleep. The mattress cover costs as little as 1p per night to run which is also fantastic!
You can purchase your own Mattress Cover from just £59.99 for a single sized cover. For more information on Dreamland do check out their website.
* I have been chosen as a Dreamland bed buddy and was sent a Mattress Cover for the purpose of this review.