Well as it's a New Year it's only right to make some resoultions that I will most probably fail at by the end of the month or next week if I'm lucky! Every year without a doubt there's always something I decide I need to do more of or change in my life. I usually don't stick to it but these are a few I am hoping to achieve this year.
1. Save money - I have been doing pretty well this year at saving my money (and spending it too of course) and would love to build my savings up to allow us to have a deposit on a house as well as buy a new car! I'm hoping to pay off the rest of our finance outright and buy a new car instead of going back down the finance route. We'll see!
2. Cook at least 5 times a week. - for many this may sound silly but I am really bad for not cooking, well up until more recently any way. Last month I think I cooked twice a week if I was lucky! However for the past month I have been cooking at least 5 times a week and I've been noticing a difference in my bank balance. I even plate up a meal for Andy too and I think this was part of the problem as it's not fun cooking for one person so I never could be bothered. Now that I'm cooking for both of us its great and Andy gets a meal when he get home from work. I would like to share some more recipes with you all too!
3. To get my house in order and have a cleaning schedule/system in order to do so. I'm not really a tidy person but I do like to be organised however with a toddler who likes to move everything as soon as I tidy up that's just not going to be! But I do think I need to keep on top of things more, for example instead of being sat down on the laptop staring at the pile of washing to be ironed or plates that need putting in the dishwasher, the endless piles of clothes on the floor in the bedrooms, I could actually put it all away.
4. Get healthy/fit - I may look slim but I am really, I mean really unhealthy!! You would be surprised at the amount of junk food I actually eat. I love food! There's no hiding that but I do hope that by eating at least 5 home-cooked meals a week this will help. I am hoping to get into a fitness schedule using my new cross trainer Andy bought me for Christmas, and working out on it at least 5 times a week even if it's only for 30 minutes a day to begin with. I also need to ditch my Dr Pepper addiction and find an alternative drink. Keep an eye out on some fitness/healthy eating posts over the next year in my mission to get healthy and fit.
5. Spend more time as a family - This is something I have come to realise that we need to do more of. We only get one day a week to spend together other than the odd morning or evening when either of us isn't working so it is difficult to do things on those days. However on our one day off we need to get out more and go places as a family.
6. Blog - I have come to a decision to blog less, you may be thinking why less? I am always on the laptop - every day! I don't have a day off from it. If I'm not writing up new blog post, I'm either replying to 100's of emails or editing photos. I should really take a break from doing this every day and utilise my time more. This means I can have certain days where I blog or even stop blogging in the day time as Amelia is more demanding and needs my attention and instead blog when she goes to bed. We will see, but I am aiming to spend less time on the laptop as I have realised I spend far too much time worrying if I have blogged or not when it's really not the end of the world!
7. To sort out the spare room - Currently our third room which is suppose to be my office is a storage room, since our car broke we haven't been able to get down to the dump to get rid of any unwanted junk and cardboard. With the amount of deliveries I've had recently the spare room is full to the brim with cardboard boxes! Also, I still haven't unpacked fully from when we moved and have a lot of boxes full of DVDs and CD's which need organising. I am hoping to have this room back to shape over the next few months once we get our car back on the road.
9. Have Christmas all bought and paid for by October 2014! I said that this year and it didn't happen, although I did do a good job in m opinion as I bought the majority of it in November before going on holiday and the rest when we got back in December. This year I aim to buy gifts through out the year and save them in the attic, also I will have a separate savings tin for Christmas funds.
10. Be more creative - This year I have found myself enjoying home decor and decorating rooms in the house. I hope to get the rest of the house decorated and along the way share some more DIY posts with you all.
Have you made any resolutions for 2014? What are your goals and plans? Come back on Sunday and link up your posts at 'Share it Sunday's'.
You might also like: