Gone are days of being able to have a nice hot relaxing bath and pampering evenings you are now most likely covered in baby sick and can't remember the last time you painted your nails or had a face mask. Rest assure there are still ways that you can get your body back in tip top condition and get out of that mummy rut!
1. Hair removal - Many new mums don't have time to shave their legs and opt for laser hair removal. This is a simple and effective way of permanent hair removal and will save you a lot of time in the long run. Why not treat yourself to laser hair treatment which can be used on any part of the body including the most common problem areas: face, bikini area, legs and underarms.
2. You probably won't have time to go to the hair dressers for a full head colour unless you have a well behaved baby who will sleep for hours at a time. If like me and your baby doesn't sleep why not bring the hair dressers to you! You could either ask a friend to come over and help dye your hair or even hire a hair dresser to come over and do it for you. This is especially good if you are breastfeeding as you are in the comfort of your own home.
3. Sleep - Its important your body gets the rest it needs, and that means getting some down time. If your baby is now sleeping through the night make sure you take advantage of all that heavenly slumber time by going to bed as early as possible. Which means don't stay up all hours just because you can. If your baby is still young try and catch some shut eye while they nap. You can nap when your baby naps even if it is just for 20 minutes. Lack of sleep can effect your immune system, concentration, memory and mood as well as making you feel lousy.
4. Treat yourself to some new clothes! You most probably haven't bought yourself any new clothes since you were pregnant it's time to treat yourself to some new clothes which actually fit. Go on, go out and hit the shops. I know you'd much rather spend it on the little one but it's okay to treat yourself every now and again. You deserve it!
How do you like to treat yourself as a mum?
* This post contains a sponsored link
You might also like: