HOME

tips
BLOGGING TIPS

PREGNANCY

PREGNANCY
PREGNANCY

A Big Girls Room Fit For A Princess

Now that Amelia is nearing closer to two than one, I have been looking at toddler beds and furniture for her bedroom. It will no longer be a nursery as she is getting older. Which is pretty sad but it will be fun to decorate her big girl room. Of course her room will need to be toddler proof in some way but not be as babyish as previously. It will be pretty easier to transition her room from how it is now, since it is decorated the way I already want it to be and the colour theme will be easy to match with what I have in mind for her room. I want her room to grow with her right up until she wants to change it herself, and hopefully this will.

I am in love with the day bed and am debating whether to buy a day bed for Amelia and then just have the bed rail on the one side until she is old enough. Or I may try and find a princess bed, I have seen a few while browsing online but can't seem to find them anymore. However I have found some great childrens Beds from TJ Hughes. I will need to purchase new furniture as the one's we bought for her nursery are just canvas style ones as we weren't sure if we would be staying in this house.

Also whilst browsing for beds, I came across some fabulous furniture on www.tjhughes.co.uk who also have a great nursery range if you are looking to decorate the nursery for your new arrival.

Here are just some of the items I have on my wish list for Amelia's bedroom. Of course, I will probably change my mind nearer the time knowing me, but for now this is the theme I am going with.

White Day Bed
Rose Multi Chest
Rose BookCase
Storage basket
Butterfly wall art
Chandelier

* This post contains a sponsored link
Facebook
You might also like:

82 comments

1. That day bed is gorgeous; great picks! Xo

ReplyDelete
  2. My older sister had a bed like that growing up and I always wanted one too! I love them. Love the colors for this room too. :)

J.

ReplyDelete
  3. I love the day bed, but do be careful of the spacing between the bars in case of Amelia getting her head stuck in between the bars! All the furniture looks beautiful though :)

Replies
    1. Oooh good idea!I hadn't thought of that thanks, may keep the bed idea for when she is a bit older :)

4. What wonderful picks you have there! A little girls dream! I'd loved to have had a room with furniture like this as a child.

Alex ♡
    www.Bump-to-Baby.com

ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous room ideas for a little princess!

6. Aww I love it - Enter your comp too Deborah Dodge lucky12dodge@yahoo.co.uk

ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous idea! I think I would of gone for something similar if I was expecting a baby girl x

8. an amazing room, definetly a dream room fit for a princess

ReplyDelete
  9. I love the storage basket. Really helps them to tidy up their toys without making it too complicated for little ones x

10. Lovely furniture - especially the drawers <3

ReplyDelete
  11. woww so adorable and pretty forget about for littleuns I want my room like that!!!

ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty set of furniture, just lovely!

ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how sweet, love the chest of drawers especially.

ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely furniture! I've got to buy a bed for my dd, and am considering a day bed too, it's very grown up :)

ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely items, couldn't imagine them staying clean with my daughter though lol

ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous furniture,I love the day bed :)

ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful furniture :)

18. Gorgeous stuff! Wish I could afford to spoil my girl like that

ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful. I've just decorated my daughter's room - so satisfying to step back and look at the results. best room in the house!

ReplyDelete
  20. Love the versatility of a day bed. Would love one of those, look gorgeous too.

ReplyDelete
  21. That storage basket is lovely, very pretty and pink & grown up room! :)

22. Darlene Ovenstone8 July 2013 at 10:26

Sooo cute :)

ReplyDelete
  23. My goddaughter shares with her sister and they have those types of beds! They are now 17 and 19!!

ReplyDelete
  24. I love the storage basket. Really help them pick up their toys, and without it too complicated, little guy

ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely bedroom set...perfect for a beautiful little girl.

ReplyDelete
  26. I love this! I regret it everyday that I didn't get white furniture for Emma's room. I love it so much. Hubby convinced me not to though.

ReplyDelete
  27. I love the beautiful set of drawers! Gorgeous in any household ... and is classic enough to last many years

28. claire thomson little8 July 2013 at 15:31

lovely items

ReplyDelete
  29. That bed is absolutely gorgeous!

30. I love that chest of drawers

31. beautiful furniture- so pretty

ReplyDelete
  32. Very pretty - and could grow with her.

HAzel Rea - @beachrambler

ReplyDelete
  33. super cute after bird inspired look for my spare GIRLS ONLY dressing room! no smelly boys! ha!

ReplyDelete
  34. So pretty. My girls would love this!

35. This looks amazing!
    Makes me kinda want a little girl next hehehe

Lotte xo
    BericeBaby || Parenting Lifestyle Baby Blog

36. suzzee langton9 July 2013 at 07:34

great little girl you have!

37. some lovely items! love the drawers

ReplyDelete
  38. Day beds are such a good idea, I also love the extra storage or spare mattress idea, very versatile.

39. Fab pic, some super items

claire matthews-curtis
    claire.bob23@hotmail.co.uk

40. would love a bed like that for my daughter

41. catherine killen9 July 2013 at 14:20

absolutely beautiful- I love redecorating my children's bedrooms and will also be doing my daughter's as she approaches her 2nd birthday.

ReplyDelete
  42. I love the bed. I hope I have girls one day so I can get such beautiful things

ReplyDelete
  43. I bet your daughter will really love this room and will feel like a big girl in it

ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful room...fit for a Princess!!

ReplyDelete
  45. Pretty in pink-love love love. Shame my son wouldn't appreciate!

46. Gemma Chantler10 July 2013 at 09:20

Love this whole collection, would also love this for my daughter. The day bed is so beautiful and such a good idea.

47. Wow. would have loved a room liked that growing up. Caroline Blake

ReplyDelete
  48. I would love these, my daughter would too... stunning :-)

49. oh wow they are lovely x

50. My daughter would love these

51. Katie MAtthews:
    Oh I need a girl.....sooooo cute!!! Maybe I could do my room like this instead?!

52. awww that baby girls room is gorgeous

ReplyDelete
  53. Have two boys but this nearly makes me want a girl ;0)

ReplyDelete
  54. These items are absolutely beautiful :)

LEAH SULLIVAN
    @LSULLYSULLIVAN

ReplyDelete
  55. The bed is a lovely but a bit fussy for my crazy little princesses - I have two very very bouncy girls who are always climbing, rolling around and jumping on their beds so I'd worry about them banging their heads or getting wedged in the bars. The rest of the bits are gorgeous!

ReplyDelete
  56. what lovely items so girly my daughter would find them very appealing :)

57. Jane Middleton10 July 2013 at 22:07

Lovely furniture for every girl's room

ReplyDelete
  58. all that furniture is so cute :)

ReplyDelete
  59. Love TJ's' - was gutted when they closed down our local store. It reopened recently though! This is very pretty x

ReplyDelete
  60. Gorgeous room. Great ideas.

61. Gorgeous bed....just what I would pick myself! xx

62. What a gorgeous selection, shame I have just Boys x

ReplyDelete
  63. I love this, wish I had a girl! Got to sort Jack's room out soon!

ReplyDelete
  64. Great selection. nice room too.

ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them all and will try my best to answer all of your questions. If you would like to contact me for a quicker response please feel free to tweet me at (@ohsoamelia_blog) or email me. Kerry