You may remember me mention in a few recents posts that we are looking to take Amelia on as many family holidays as we can while she is still young. We went abroad when she was just six months old which is amazing and we can't wait to do so again later this year but sometimes it's nice to go away for a couple of days and have a break from work.
There are many places to stay in the UK or even across the channel. There's no need to spend hundreds of pounds to go abroad nowadays. Here I have put together a list of places we would like to take Amelia before she turns two. I hope you can get some ideas of where to take your little ones on a cheap family holiday a bit closer to home without breaking the bank.
1. London - We are actually going to London next month as I am going to Brit Mums Live for two days so we decided to take Amelia with us for a week and do some sight seeing. There is so much to do in London, so many places to go and see and many place to eat. We will be going to the Museum, Tower of London, Big Ben, Madam Tussauds and plenty more. I can't wait.
2. Disneyland Paris - I have been to Disneyworld in Florida when I was younger and would love Amelia to experience the same. However it would cost triple the amount to go to Flordia and I don't really fancy the long flight with her at this age. So we are thinking of looking at a Disneyland Paris holidays brochure and taking the euro tunnel across for a week or weekend break.
3. Dublin - I have always wanted to visit Dublin, it sounds like such a lovely city and would be so much fun. I have been on a Ferry to Ireland many times when I was a kid but of course not to Dublin. Andy loves Guinness so he would be in his element and it would be a lovely mid week or weekend break. You can take the car over or even get on a train and get on as foot passengers.
4. Forrest retreat - Across the UK there are many holiday parks such as haven, your typical budget holiday park however we would love to visit a forrest retreat as they are in a remote area of natural beauty. You can stay in a cabin some of which are very luxurious and include a hot tub and flat screen TV's. It would be a perfect get away from work and wouldn't be noisy full of kids everywhere. We are thinking in the Lake District or Scotland.
5. Camping - With summer coming up it would be the perfect time of year to take a baby or toddler camping as it won't be as cool in the evenings. You can wrap them up warm bring a travel cot or even have them sleeping in with you. While they sleep you can be sat outside the tent watching the sun go down having a few drinking and cooking a barbecue.
These are just some of the places we would like to take Amelia on holiday as a family over the next year. Where would you like to go on holiday next?