If you're pregnant and reading this then congratulations! Being a parent is such an amazing feeling, but it can certainly have its moments. Pregnancy can be very hard on your body, not only physically but mentally too! Whilst pregnant, I was shocked at the amount of interesting comments I received when pregnant - not forgetting the look's I had from passers by. Most people don't realise what they have just said and didn't mean it to sound the way it came out.
So to ensure that you never have to hear those unpleasant comments whilst pregnant, I've put together a list of 10 things you should never say to a pregnant woman you've just met.
10."You must be really disappointed the baby isn't a girl" (or vise versa) - Erm no, I love my baby what ever gender they may be.
9. "Wow you've gained weight" - Well obviously! We know! We're carrying at least 20 extra pounds in our bellies, of course we're going to gain weight! We don't need reminding.
8, "Get all the sleep you can now" - Well I would if I wasn't up every hour needing to pee.
7. "You must be due any day now" - Nope I still have another month to go.
6. "Are you sure you're not having twins?" " - Um, yes. I'm sure!
5. "Beep! Beep!?" Don't make jokes regarding her size or belly - she will just be even more insecure of how big she is.
4. "Can you afford to have a baby?" - Yes! and is that really any of your business?
3. Stop asking "What are you naming the baby?" - If you haven't been told it's because we want to keep it secret until the birth or we haven't decided.
2. "My friend nearly died giving birth...." - STOP right there! I don't want to hear your horror stories...until after I have given birth, then you can fire away :)
1. "Is the baby here yet?" - Here's your ANSWER. Don't you think we would have told you already? If its not been announced on Facebook or you haven't a text yet it's probably because I'm still pregnant.
P.s Don't EVER rub a pregnant women's belly without asking first!
Do you have anything to add to this list that has been said to you whilst pregnant?