Have you been on the look out for that perfect lotion that's just right for your skin type and what your skin needs during different seasons? If like me and your search is never ending well what if I were to tell you that you can make your very own homemade lotion with only a few cheap ingredients that you most likely already have lurking around in your bathroom?
Here I am going to tell you how to make your very own homemade body lotion you can leave it unscented or add a touch or vanilla, lavender or even peppermint the list is endless!
These make a lovely Christmas or Birthday gift and you can make up a big batch and give them out to friends.
What you will need
- 16 ounces of baby lotion (use Johnson’s)
- 8 ounces of Vaseline
- 8 ounces of vitamin E cream
- Containers to put the finish product in (I like the lotion bottles as you can easily pour it out, I found mine in Boots)
- Scented extract (if wanted)
What to do
- Put all ingredients into a large mixing bowl
- Mix with an electric mixer until it resembles the consistency of icing
- Put into containers and enjoy!
- Decorate or label the containers if you wish to give it as a gift.
This is a really easy way to make your own body butter. Not only that but it is cheap and you can make as much as you want when you want. The vitamin E cream makes the lotion extremely revitalizing for your skin in a way that won't make it dry after use.
So What do you think?
Have you made this lotion or something similar? What are your favorite beauty at-home recipes? Let me know!