My nappy cake tutorial was featured from last week :) Thanks Terry!
Here is a quick and easy recipe for a healthy snack or light lunch. I have been craving bruschetta for a few days, I have no idea why, so I decided to give it a whirl. It was actually pretty simple and you don't really need too many ingredients. I made it the other night for myself and Andy and it went down a treat! I actually added a few slices of goats cheese into mine which was delicious! I'd definitely recommend that.
Plum tomatoes chopped and drained
2 cloves of garlic, minced
half a small onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
30ml balsamic vinegar
6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 loaf crusty baguette or ciabatta
2. Add the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix the contents again.
4. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour. This will allow the flavours to soak and blend together.
5. Slice the baguette loaf diagonally, into thick slices and lightly toast the slices until they are light brown on both sides.
6. Serve the mixture on the warm slices of bread and ENJOY!
What is your favourite snack or light meal? I'd love to hear your ideas.