I've always HATED pizza, I could only ever eat half of one and that was pushing it. After I had given birth to Amelia my mum had been bringing food around for us as I wasn't in any fit state to cook. She made a pizza and brought that round for me one lunch time. It was only a pepperoni and cheese with onions but my god it was delicious, and all of a sudden I liked pizza again. I think it's because the dough was much thinner as I hate the thick dough you get with most takeaway pizza's. I asked her to show me how to make dough one day and it was so easy, i wish I had known before. So since the beginning of May I have been eating pizza nearly every day! Ha Ha Ha! I decided to venture out and try different toppings, and this is one of my favourites!
for caramlised onion:
1 red onion
chopped tinned tomatoes
1.Heat a pan with a tablespoon of butter and olive oil
2. Peel and chop a red onion and put in the pan
3. After 10 minutes sprinkle some salt, sugar and a teaspoon of water.
4. Allow to shimmer/cook for another 20-30 minutes turning until brown but not burning them
5. Store in the fridge for an hour to absorb the flavour
1. Make your dough, knead it out and roll it fairly thinly. I added olive oil to the dough to prevent it from becoming soggy.
2. Mix tomato puree & chopped tinned tomatoes together and paste the dough for the sauce
3. Add mozzarella cheese and chili flakes if required
4. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is golden and the dough is starting to crisp on the edges
5. Add the caramalised onions and goats cheese, cook for another 5 minutes
6. Add rocket whilst still in the oven and leave for 30 seconds then remove from the oven
There are so many ingredients to have on a pizza, the list is endless. It makes such a easy lunch or dinner.
What's your favourite pizza topping?