I wish someone had given me a list before I had Amelia, but I guess I learnt the hard way. So I thought I'd share the top 10 must haves in my bag! Hope it may help if your about to become first time parents .
1. Extra clothes- This is seriously a no brainer. The one time I forgot spare clothes my daughter had a nappy explosion in a restaurant. I had to carry her out wearing only a nappy and a blanket. Bad mum alert.
2. Wet wipes - I always pick up these when ever I go to the supermarket when I'm running low or when they are on offer. They are great for sanitizing tables, high chairs, toys, dummies and anything your baby/child touches.
3. Nappy bags- There is absolutely nothing worse than having nowhere to dump an unexpected nappy change. Whilst out and about I rarely have to change Amelia's nappy but when she does they are great to have on a whim. These bags keep the soiled diaper protected and (strangely) smelling fresh. I would just pop the nappy in my bag or pram basket until I found a bin
4. Favourite toy - For my 3 month old daughter it is Sophie the giraffe. This lovely thing goes everywhere with Amelia. She loves to hold onto it and cuddles in whilst in her car seat. I also always bring a few extra toys to keep her occupied if shes getting cranky.
5. Nappies and extra Wipes - I know, I know it's another "no-brainer". Stash some extras in your car too!
6. Ipad or Smartphone - No not just for your child. But they are great for long journeys for films or playing games. There are so many apps available nowadays for children of all ages. I also use my iPhone on the go a lot to check in on social media etc.
7. Gripe water(or similar brand) - I hardly give Amelia gripe water anymore but it was great when she was a newborn and she was really tired and wouldn't sleep or suck on her dummy. It is also great for hiccups which she gets all the time!
8. Snacks - Either for you or the kids, you never know when you're going to get held up! Obviously I don't give Amelia anything now other than breast-milk but when she is older I'll be sure to pack a few in case we get stuck in traffic or the car breaks down. I always have a chocolate bar in my changing bag for top up energy as I can get very faint easily.
9. Parasol/rain cover - (Okay I know they won't fit in your changing bag but I never leave the house with out them! You never know when it's going to rain or be sunny over here. I would always leave the house without one of them and totally regret it an hour later when it would pour down with rain or the sun would come out. So I have learnt to take both in the car at all times!
10. Camera - I NEVER go anywhere without my camera! Kids are always doing adorable things. They also grow TOO fast. Make sure to always have a camera on hand to capture all those kodak moments. Remember:your kids will never be younger than they are now, so make sure to document their life along the way.
What do you always carry with you?