Where do I start? Where has the time gone? Its been six weeks already since Amelia graced us with her presence and what a busy six weeks it has been! Wow our baby girl is growing so much! 6 weeks into this and we've definitely decided we're keeping her. She is just such a wonderful baby. She slept through the night 3 nights in a row now and I feel so blessed to be her mother. Now the only thing I can't quite figure out is that she's soooo cyclical about spitting up. One day she'll eat like crazy and keep everything down and burp like a champ, then days like today where it seems she just has a little snack, burps, and then proceeds to spit, and spit, and spit, until what seems like all of what she just ate and then some came up. Obviously she's getting enough...just look at her!
Some new things Amelia is doing now:
- still sticks her tongue out but now in response to us
- grasping for objects, especially in her bouncer chair
- loves a dummy to go to sleep with during the day
- loves to cuddle and be sung to (even if you do have a horrible voice like me)
- smiling more and more
- loves being tickled & when we poke her nose
- outgrown all her newborn baby clothes
- still doesn't like her play mat
- loves bath time and bubbles!
6 week stats:
Weight: 11 lbs 4.5 oz
It's such a joy to have Amelia in our lives and to see the daily changes in her. She's getting to be so much more interactive and she's such a smiley, giggly, happy little girl! My goal is to decorate her nursery for her 6 month birthday! Wish us luck!