Here are the 25 lessons I want Amelia to learn and know:
1. Your family will always be here for you
2. Smile and laugh often, it's so good for you.
3. Be thankful for the things you have in your life, even the small things.
4. Enjoy each and every moment of your childhood, you only have one.
5. Speak your mind, even if it's different than what I think.
6. Save some money. I love you, but you have to move out someday.
7. Go travelling someday, there are so many wonderful places on this earth
8. I will always be here for you when you need me. So will your father. Always. I'll love it even more to be here for you when you want me.
9. Ask for help when you need it. It does not make you weak. In fact, it shows your strength and courage.
10. Please, Please, Please don't make me a grandmother before I'm 50! No matter what he says!
11. Enjoy your youth, you never get it back.
12. Be passionate about your job. Otherwise move on until you are satisfied.
13. Regret nothing, always move forward, and never dwell on what should have been.
14. Be polite to everyone, say please and thank you, open doors for people, remember you’re a lady.
15. Find the good in people, even if it’s hard, there has to be something good about them!
16. It's okay to cry.
17. Use proper grammar and punctuation, even when emailing, texting, or on some social networking site. It will remind people of how smart you are!
18. Write thank you notes when you get a gift. People truly appreciate them and they show that you are thankful for what you have received.
19. You are indescribably beautiful - and you should never let anyone tell you otherwise.
20. Always have a camera and something to write with/on in your bag or pocket.
21. Family and friends come first.
22. If you want your Dad to be somewhere on time, tell him you actually need to leave 15 minutes earlier than you really do.
23. You are so fortunate to have wonderful grandparents - treasure your time with them.
24. Call your mum every now and again
25. Love your partner, family, and be the best mum/wife you could ever be, that will be your greatest job EVER.